We usually ship within two business days depending upon the number of orders we are processing, occasionally an item may be on back order and might take 3-4 business days. If item needs to be shipped via Truck, additional processing time is required. Please contact us for delivery times. If item is a special order item or large item, additional processing time might be required. Freight Insurance is included on all orders at our cost.
We offer these shipping methods for most items:
- USPS Delivery (4 to 14 Business Days)
- Ground (2 to 6 Business Days)
- 3-Day (3 business days)
- Standard Delivery (7 to 14 Business Days)
Keep in mind that shipping times do not include processing time and generally takes two business days to process. We may use air or ground shipping as necessary to get your order to you within the promised timeframe.
Shipping delays caused beyond the shipper (UPS, DHL, Federal Express, USPS, etc.) including, but not limited to, the following: the unavailability or refusal of a person to accept delivery of the shipment; acts of God; Public authorities acting with actual or apparent authority on the premises; acts or omissions of customs or similar authorities; riots, strikes, or other labor disputes; civil commotions, disruptions in air or ground transportation networks such as weather phenomena; and natural disasters, shall not be our responsibility. Please contact the shipping company directly. The shipping company does not provide refund for shipping for the above cases, and nor can we (for shipping charges) if your package does not get delivered.
Due to varying item availability and warehouse locations, your items may be shipped separately when you place an order for multiple items. We will not charge you extra for split shipments.
Stock Availability At Warehouses
Not all items are always available at each warehouse. Inventory Levels and stock availability are always changing at every warehouse. We might or might not ship from the closest warehouse to you. If you need within a specific time frame, we recommend that you select Ground or 3-Day shipping to get your item quickly.
We usually ship via all the major shipping providers which include: UPS, FedEx, USPS, Yellow Freight, Old Dominion Freight & Con-way Freight.
Shipping Regulated Materials
Due to Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) safety restrictions, items that contain regulated or hazardous materials cannot be shipped by air (Priority or Express). They typically fall into one of two categories:
- Aerosol products in pressurized spray cans
- Products that contain flammable, volatile, or corrosive chemicals
Heavy or Oversize Items shipped by a freight company via Common Carrier (Truck)
If your order is shipped via Common Carrier (Truck), you must be present at the time of delivery to accept the goods. It is very IMPORTANT YOU READ THIS SECTION IN ITS ENTIRETY TO AVOID ANY POTENTIAL PROBLEMS WITH THE TRUCKING COMPANY.
In keeping with the high quality of service we provide our valued customer, Cordlessequipmentsystem.com will assist in filing and negotiating all freight loss or damage claims. The following guidelines will not only aid in the claim process, but will also allow for speedier replacement or credit adjustments.
If you choose to accept delivery without following these guidelines, but later determine that the contents are missing or damaged, you will have to keep the merchandise for up to 45 days at your location, so that the trucking company can perform an inspection (without guarantee that they will approve it). In most cases they will deny it automatically without any inspection.
Overall, it is better to refuse a damaged delivery, then to accept it. If these guidelines are followed, we will most likely ship a replacement to you within 48 hours while we handle the claim with the trucking company. Sometimes we will request a signed inspection report from you to be faxed to us before reshipment.
- As it is with most freight deliveries, the item will be left at the curbside of your address.
- You must have AT LEAST 2-4 able-bodied people present to unload the merchandise that you are ordering. While some truck drivers are kind enough to help, they are not required to help you lift the products. If you do not have the equipment or manpower, you can order (at additional charges) a special truck equipped with a hydraulic lift to safely lower the product from the truck to the ground (called Lift Gate Service). Lift gate service lowers freight item from the truck to the curb only. You will still need to bring it inside.
- Inspect freight BEFORE YOU SIGN. Freight drivers are professionals; however, they have a lot of stops to make and sometimes appear to be in a hurry. The driver must wait for you to complete the inspection. If you have any problems with a driver, notify us immediately. You will find his employee identification number at the bottom of your delivery receipt.
- Count the pieces received against the driver’s delivery receipt.
- Note any discrepancies in writing on the delivery receipt. Be specific: identify or describe the missing item(s).
- Inspect the freight for visible damages such as holes in boxes, water damage, dents, or anything else and verify the entire contents of the order.
- Note on the freight bill any obvious damage at the time of delivery (i.e. box corners crushed, tears, rips, marks, etc.) Again, be specific with details and note exactly what is damaged.
- If you suspect internal damage, OPEN IMMEDIATELY! Even if no damaged goods Sare suspected, open the carton and make a thorough inspection.
- You have the choice of refusing or accepting a damaged shipment. If the damage is major, refuse the shipment. If the damage is minor and damaged parts appeared to be replaceable, consider accepting the shipment and clearly note the nature and extent of damage on the carrier’s copy and the delivery copy of the freight bill. You can also refuse the damaged boxes and accept the undamaged boxes. If the driver refuses, then refuse the entire delivery and have the driver note the nature and extent of damage on the carriers copy and the delivery copy of the freight bill.
- If you cannot open the packages for inspection for whatever reason or you have any doubts, you MUST sign “SUBJECT TO INSPECTION” next to your signature on the delivery receipt. If you do not, you are liable for any damages and shortages. If any box is damaged beyond repair, please refuse the damaged box.
- If the driver does not want to wait, sign the delivery receipt with the notation SUBJECT TO INSPECTION. DRIVER REFUSES TO WAIT. When you find concealed damage after the driver leaves, the trucking line ordinarily pays only a fraction of the cost of shipping damage. This is why it is important to inspect the contents while the driver is waiting or to include the notation SUBJECT TO INSPECTION. DRIVER REFUSES TO WAIT with your signature on the bill of lading.
- Any problems or questions, please call us immediately at 1-(212)400-7488 so we can assist you. Damage claims must be filed with the trucking company within five business days.
- Delivery of oversize is limited to street addresses in the 48 contiguous states. Oversize items cannot be shipped to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, military APO / FPO addresses, or US protectorates and territories.
Bear in mind that you are signing a legal document when you are signing the freight delivery receipt under the statement “received in good condition except as noted” or “received piece(s) above described in good order except as noted.” lifeandhome.com accepts no financial burden caused by failure to follow these guidelines. We will gladly assist in replacing damaged goods in a timely manner if the above steps are followed. By following these guidelines, it will prevent potential problems and resolve any issues quickly.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation on this matter.